Friday 26 July 2013

JULY FAVOURITES!

This Friday I thought I would make a change to the usual fashion post and write up my JULY FAVOURITES instead. This is actually the first time I've written a favourites so I hope you enjoy!

From left to right: Twinings Mint Green Tea
Vita Coco Coconut water
Radiance multi vitamins
Coconut oil


Twinings Mint Green Tea- Even during summer I tend to find myself drinking as much tea as I do during the winter. I guess that's the English in me! But I decided to swap my builders tea for something a little lighter and more refreshing during the hot summer months. I especially love a cup of mint green tea after my dinner. Not to mention all the great skin benefits that is packed into Green tea also!

Vita Coco Natural Coconut Water-  is an all natural coconut drink, containing Vitamin C and it's packed FULL of Potassium- even more so than a banana! Potassium is important for the body as it keeps the body hydrated properly. An added bonus is that it contains no fat and lowers cholesterol! It's also a great way to keep refreshed when it's hot outside.

Holland & Barrett Radiance Multivitamins + Iron- I take this supplement just to make sure I'm getting enough iron into my body. You only take one capsule per day with a main meal. Each capsule contains Vitamins A, D, E, C, B1, B2, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, vitamins B6, B12, Folic Acid and Iron. 

Coconut oil (100% natural raw virgin)-  As I mentioned previously in my DIY MONDAY: NATURES ANSWER TO SOFTER SKIN where I talk about all the reasons why I am so in love with the stuff and use it everyday in my routine.

From left to right: Rimmel's Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer, Veet In-Shower Hair Removal Cream, Rimmel's Apocalips Lip Lacquer, Bourjois Rouge Edition 03 Pêche Cosy, Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer shade 35, Model Co. Lip Liner Illusion nude.
Rimmel London Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch- (004 shimmering sand)- It's been seen all over the catwalks that dewy, shimmery skin is a must for the summer but having oily/combination skin, I don't like to use too much shimmer otherwise I look like an oily mess! However, I found that the Radiance Shimmer is the perfect highlight for a touch of summer glow. The formula is mousse like in texture and extremely light weight. It works under and over powder to give you that radiant healthy glow (without looking to shiny!).

Veet In-Shower Hair Removal Cream in Lotus Milk and Jasmine Fragrance- for normal skin types. I absolutely hate shaving my legs. For some reason I am always left with crazy razor bumps on the back of my legs that are really painful and don't look very appealing either. It may get slightly messy to spread onto the legs, but I love that this cream only takes 3 mins to work! After 3 minutes I jump in the shower and leave it on for 1 extra minute and then with a sponge (that comes in the pack) I gently buff away the cream to reveal sensationally smooth legs, it's wonderful! It lasts for around 4 days and I have definitely noticed that my hairs grow back much finer so I have smoother, softer legs for longer and less ingrown hairs. 

Rimmel Apocalips in 303 Apocaliptic- I've already reviewed this product which you can find HERE but I do really love the colour, even if they don't last as long as I would like it to on my lips. I think it's a great colour for the summer, especially tying  in with the pink lip trend for S/S 13.

Bourjois Rouge Edition in 03 Pêche Cosy- I bought this a while ago when I was living in Paris and I've only just started falling in love with it. It's a beautiful orange toned peach colour which is perfect for creating a neutral summer lip!

Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer in the shade 35- I am a concealaholic. If I had to choose one make up item to use for the rest of my life it would be this concealer. It's creamy, blendable, provides good coverage and doesn't dry out the under eye area to keep a nice dewy glow. Also there is a lot of product in the tube, I previously purchased one in November and it still hasn't run out, and that's with me using it everyday! I only bought a new one because I needed a darker shade to go with my darker skin now! 

Model co. Illusion Nude Lip Liner- This came free with a magazine that I bought this month and I have been using this ever day. It is creamy and non drying on the lips so I can wear this without having to apply anything on top for a matte lip, or I love to pair this with  the Bourjois Rouge Edition in 03 Pêche Cosy


So there we have it, my July favourites. Post your links in the comments if you've also done a favourites for this month so I can have a read of them too.

Lots of love,


P.S. Don't forget to follow me on TWITTER and INSTAGRAM xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I read and appreciate anything you have to say!
E-L xo